Product Care and Safety
- Before burning always trim the wick to ¼ inch.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated room: Avoid drafts, vents or air currents.
- Do not burn candles for longer than two hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container.
- When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc. Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied. Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light, always extinguish the candle before going to sleep.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
More information can be found on Health Canada’s Candle Safety webpage.
Disclaimer: Please use care and precautions when using candles. Burn at your own risk. Honey and Lime Candle Co. assumes no responsibility for any damage that may occur due to misuse of candles, and candle burning.
The content found on this website is for informational purposes only.